I Want to Volunteer
Looking to make a difference in your community? Search here for volunteer roles:
The ACVVS is a free service that aims to improve quality of life for aged care residential or home care recipients who are experiencing loneliness or social isolation.
ACVVS Volunteers are matched with a recipient with the aim to build a long-lasting relationship which allows the recipient to feel more connected to their wider community.
Who can join our ACVVS team?
Anyone aged 18 – 100+ who is mature, empathic, kind, has good communication and listening skills and who is willing to provide friendship to a socially isolated older person in either a residential care facility or private in home setting within the Salisbury, Playford, Gawler and Lower-Barossa Council areas for a minimum of an hour per fortnight.
Our team of dedicated volunteers have the privilege of engaging in conversations with older people who come from diverse backgrounds. These older people encompass a wide range of cultural and ethnic origins, educational backgrounds, values, beliefs, sexual orientations and gender diversity, and worldviews. We make every effort to match volunteers and recipients that may share a common interest, language, cultural or life experience.
- A National Police Check Certificate which can be arranged free of cost through Northern Volunteering S.A for suitable candidates
- Undergo free volunteer training to help prepare and support you in your role prior to commencing volunteering
Our commitment to you
- Provide free training & resources
- Ongoing support in your volunteering role
- Monthly reimbursements towards travel expenses
- Free volunteer events throughout the year
For all further information please contact ACVVS coordinator Kate Lucas at email@example.com or by phone / text on 0420 851 547.